Thursday, September 8, 2011

French Countryside


It has been a few days since my last post but surprise...we are still alive haha! To be honest it has been very peaceful without cellphones, internet or even TV for the last 3 days in ST. REMY. I am blogging from the Nice, France airport right now with a view of the Mediterranean Sea. We have some down time before our little puddle jumper leaves for ITALY.

So...let's talk SOUTH FRANCE!

Most likely the most beautiful & peaceful countryside I have ever laid eyes on. Jimmy and I both agree that we would rather spent more days in the South of France and fewer in Paris. Don't get me wrong Paris is an amazing and beautiful city..but it is a city just like NYC. A beautiful but crazy, busy, hectic and crowded city. St. Remy was a nice break from the city. I highly suggest if you ever plan to visit France one day to make sure you vacation in the South of France and not just Paris, its an experience you'll never forget!

ST. Remy in a nutshell....

- 3 nights at Hotel Sous des Figuiers, rustic and artsy cottage
- Rented a car in Avignon for 4 days and drove all around the French Countryside visiting many small towns, restaurants and historical sights.
- Had by far the best meals in France and most likely our lives
- Experienced the famous and old school Wednesday Market in the town of St. Remy.
- Took a cooking class with a French couple (husband is a chef), toured the city of Avignon with them and enjoyed our meal together with amazing local wine.

And so much more! Sadly again since I only am able to post pictures with my iPad, I don't have many high quality photos to show you all or pictures of our amazing food in St. Remy (most days I left the iPad in our cottage). But I do have a few short video clips and quick photos I took when we were out exploring. So enjoy for now and I will update again when we are in Italy!



Photos





























Location:Nice, France

No comments:

Post a Comment