Saturday, September 3, 2011

I heart TARTS!

I'm hooked!
- A tart is a baked dish consisting of a filling over a pastry base with an open top not covered with pastry. The pastry is usually shortcrust pastry; the filling may be sweet or savoury. Early medieval tarts generally had meat fillings, but later ones were often based on fruit and custard.
Tart Tatin is an upside-down tart, of apples, other fruit, or onions.
Savoury tarts include quiche.

The last three days we have been addicted to tarts and crepes. I myself prefer the savoury tart or crepe with a simple and fresh side salad. Today we shared two tarts, one was a broccoli & salmon, the other ham and fig. They were amazing! I found a small hidden cafe on a little cobblestone road in the fun and funky neighborhood of Marais Paris. A husband and wife ran this small cafe and baked everything in house from scratch. When I return to Philadelphia I'm going to try and make my own! Of course the fresh bread on the table was also hand made and had a strong flavor of olives or olive oil....heaven!








Location:Rue de Gergovie,Paris,France

No comments:

Post a Comment